Cook and cook and cook until you can't cook no more. And I'm not talking about pulling a pre-made, frozen meal out of the oven or pouring something out of a can. I'm talking, from scratch biscuits, mashed potatoes and fried pork chops.
The only thing I didn't do from scratch is yank the potatoes out of the ground or butcher the pig.
After my husbands financial scare earlier this evening, I was so jittery from helping him fix it that I walked into my kitchen, yanked everything from it's hiding place:
And cooked.
Barefoot, singing at the top of my lungs.
It's a lovely feeling, actually. So many women now a day complain about men and their jokes in the kitchen. For me and my fellow navy wives, we quite enjoy it. It's something we enjoy doing. For me, it's that time away from the world where I make something with my hands. Sadly, I can not share it with my husband, as he is on deployment. However, that won't stop me from honing my skills. I'm still a young wife.
Our husbands have very stressful jobs, and to come home to a wife who has dinner cooked and a beer ready is probably the single greatest moment of the day.(If you don't consider what comes later;) )
So even living alone, waiting for him to come home, I enjoy the serenity of cooking. I also know that one day, cooking is going to involve tiny grabbing hands, tripping over toys and complaining about dishes not get rinsed. I look forward to those days.
So as I settle into my nightly routine, I leave you with these pictures of my meal tonight.
m.l. carista


Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
ReplyDeleteewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com