Yes, I am a bone-a-fied pole dancer. But I'm not a stripper, there is a very distinct difference.Strippers take their clothes off and get paid for men to see them naked. Most can't even get up on a pole, much less do what we do. Which is climb, spin, jump, hang upside down and do splits and tricks that would blow your mind. What we do takes skill, strength, and constant practice.
Now my hobby isn't without consequence. I pull muscles, strain my wrists and bruise the heck out of my thighs and legs. I also get both admiring and angry stares from people. My favorite, of course, is going to chick-fil-a. Since their 'I hate gay' incident, it hasn't waned my appetite for their scrumptious chicken. It has however, given my a challenge. I mean no disrespect to Christians, but I enjoy watching people judge the book by it's cover. It is one of my favorite things to do.
Some don't say anything, they just shrug and walk away. Other's give me a stare that even a blind man can see.
I honestly don't care what people think, but I do take it into consideration. Only in the sense that I am a writer, I live to observe. I could put your entire life story in a few paragraphs just from looking at you. Or I could build my own around your personality.
So back to pole dancing, it's fun, it's fitness. It keeps you in shape, I promise. The way you look depends on how advanced you want to be on the pole.
The point of this is to clear the air and the rumors I'm pretty sure are circulating. I'm NOT a stripper. That's a nasty word. I find it insulting to me. The only person allowed to see my entire body is my husband. I am a pole dancer. I wear clothes and do awesome stunts on the pole.
Voila. Explained. Grow up and look past it.
m.l. carista
0 comments:
Post a Comment